Thursday, June 21, 2012

thankful thursday #83

For a slew of reasons, our family beach week is on hiatus in 2012.

My flesh wants to be bitter about this, but I can't complain about it, because let's face it, I'm so miffed to not have a week-long beach vacation sounds downright brattish and spoiled.

Darn you, you heart of gratitude.

I think so much of the fun of a vacation actually happens in the the season of preparation, the looking forward, the expectation of it all.  Don't you?

Several weeks ago during a particular rough patch, one where in any other year I'd be thinking, If I can just make it to June 23rd, I was grasping hard for something to anticipate.  Straining to see some light at the end of my tunnel.

Alas, BEACH WEEK was not written in bright, cheery purple, and the white blocks on my calendar gave me a palpable blank stare.

So I took matters into my own hands during said rough patch, and filled up that sad, empty space on my calendar.

Now it reads, CABIN FEVER 2K12 and praise Jesus, it is a mere three days away.  It cannot get here fast enough.

I will retreat here ...


... I will cozy up and read my books here ...


... I will cook for my friends here ...


... and I will take in this view every day.


For these things to anticipate, I'm thankful.

What are you looking forward to today?  Go on, be grateful!

5 comments:

  1. Robin -- this is awesome -- where is this? I'm envious -- we have no summer plans this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to be retreating there! Hope you have a super fantastic time. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you're going to the mountains SOMEWHERE! I'm glad you found a place to go. Alas (I always enjoy using that word!), I have no plans, either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kris, it's right up the road from you ... in Blue Ridge, GA! Check out http://www.abovetherestcabins.com/ to see some options. They are very reasonable, and the staff is super nice. (Linda, you too! Plan a vacay!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Robyn,
    Thank you for sharing the joys of your heart through your blog. Sometime I don't start my Thursdays feeling so thankful but, more times than not, your blog posts makes then so. It is Sunday, and I go to bed with a genuine, general feeling of thankfulness.
    Bradley

    ReplyDelete