Thursday, June 28, 2012

thankful thursday #84

Wimbledon is simply one of the greatest sporting events to happen all year.  It might be my favorite.



The accents.  The tradition.  The manners.  The royalty.  The competition.

I'm usually on vacation during at least a portion of the fortnight, and I can watch hours and hours at a time, excited for the champions, hopeful for the underdogs, and always frustrated by Pam Shriver.  (Why, why, why is she still employed as a commentator?)

Anyway, we returned today from Cabin Fever 2K12.  After the laundry was started and the bags were unpacked, I went straight to the gym, hoping to work off at least a few of the five bagillion calories I consumed in that cabin.

It wasn't crowded, and I had a cardio room and television to myself.  I was so pleased to finish out that hour watching a classic Wimbledon upset, where Rafael Nadal fell hard to an unranked player whose name I don't even know.

I confess that I was not so thankful this morning, when I reluctantly turned in the keys to our cabin, but I'm happy to report that gratitude didn't stay away too long.

I'm thankful for the rest, for safe travels, and to return to a perfectly timed upset at Wimbledon, that made that working out nonsense so much more bearable.

What're you appreciating this week?  Go on, be grateful!

1 comment:

  1. I am soooooooo thankful for air conditioning!

    Glad you enjoyed your "Cabin Fever 2K12"!

    ReplyDelete