Thursday, January 26, 2012

thankful thursday #62

We've had some sorry weather here in the 'ham this week.

Early Monday morning, around 3:00, I awoke to the warning of weather sirens.  It's shocking I even woke up -- I'm a champ at sleeping through those -- but how sad is it, that I didn't even check the radio or TV for a weather update at that point?

And not just once.  Twice!

As it turned out, another tornado had left a nasty trail in our state.  While colleagues and I traveled to Atlanta for a meeting that morning, and for two more days this week, the rain has poured down by the buckets.

It's been so dreary!

Today while I was fighting with my umbrella all day long, and bemoaning the fate of my poor suede boots (they've told me they don't love the water), how could I not be grateful?

For safety in storms.  For sunshine that eventually comes out again.

I hope the weather in your neck of the woods has been more pleasant than here, but even if you're battling storms, what're you thankful for today?

Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment