Wednesday, January 4, 2012

three, two, one

And then boom, it's 2012.

For the first time in what seems like a hundred years I did not stay up to ring in the new year.  I was enjoying time with the fam, including the parents of an active little four-month-old, who were very sleepy.

We just called it a night so we could be ready for the early morning wake-up call.  I felt a little bit regretful, but then that early morning wake-up call came, and I didn't regret it anymore.

And then I scampered over to Tampa for the debacle that was the Outback Bowl.  It did not feel great to be a Bulldog, but you know, we tell ourselves it's always "great to be a Georgia Bulldog!"

Darn those childhood cheers.

I'm pretty bummed about going back to work (oh, the emails that await me), and my car is having a regularly scheduled "tune-up" which will likely cost me a fortune, but these circumstances will not steal my new year's joy!
  • Since I'm car-less, I'm going to putz around town with my dear friend Kels, who does have a car, and the day off.
  •  
  • I have a fun trip planned for next Monday and Tuesday with Emily.
  •  
  • I might start house-hunting soon!  We'll see.
  •  
  • My new Christmas toys are begging to be used.  Can't wait to whip up a smoothie in my new blender, and read a good book on my Kindle!
Cheers to 2012, friends!  Embrace all things new!

No comments:

Post a Comment