Thursday, January 12, 2012

thankful thursday #60

Earlier this week in New Orleans, I had the chance to see some friends and work buddies from my old internship days.

It's been a whole decade!

It's scary to be reminded of how quickly time passes.  To wonder, "Good grief, have I done anything worthwhile in ten years?!"

On the other hand, it was comforting to see people who helped me get my adult feet on the ground.  The same people who are helping my little bro get his start!  To know the same smiles and bits of encouragement are planting seeds in his life, too.

I've had lots of folks like that along the way, who took a chance on me, who've been gentle mentors, and servant leaders to me.

I'm happy and thankful that this week, I was given that sweet reminder of how the Lord has been so faithful to provide all these years, allowing so much support and undeserved favor to cover me.

Have you been looking for little nuggets of appreciation this week, too?  Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment