Thursday, January 5, 2012

thankful thursday #59

One of my resolutions for 2012 is to practice more hospitality (and not job-related, by the way).  Invite people over.  Cook them a meal.  Visit, just because.

I have great memories from my parents' home, sitting around the kitchen table for hours, laughing with friends and family.  Telling stories.  Being away from the television!

In addition to her gift of hospitality, one of the other bazillion things I love about my mom is one of her hostessing philosophies:

"I don't do the dishes while guests are here, because that's time I want to be spending with them, rather than slaving in the kitchen."

Isn't that so profound?  I do love her for it.

Tonight I was happy to cook up a quick meal for these lovely ladies to kick off a new year of Bible study.

And although I tried to honor Mom's anti-clean-up rule, it was a matter of minutes before those lovely ladies had turned this ...



... into this ...



... and I was one happy hostess!

I hate to say it, but although I want to be like Mom, and tend more to people than dirty dishes, I am much happier when the clean-up is out of the way.

And I'll always be extra-thankful when my guests clean those dishes for me (although I begged them not to)!

Ahh.  Cheers to a clean kitchen.

Clean kitchen or not, what're you appreciating today?  Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment