Tuesday, August 16, 2011

two weeks notice

Dear Baby,

I talked to your dad tonight, and I can just tell it, you are itchin' to meet us!

You're growing like a weed (8.9 lbs, at 37 weeks, whoah)!  Your dad was less than 8 pounds when he was born, but your mom was a perfect 10, so maybe -- if your mom is lucky -- you'll land somewhere right in the middle.

You are moving around like crazy.  Your mom and dad get kicks out of your kicks, and I am banking on you being a little ball of energy as soon as you get here.

Everything about you looks healthy and happy. You are rumored to have a thick head of hair, chubby cheeks, and a round belly!  I love it!

Even though you were expected to be a September baby, it looks like you won't be here any later than the 30th of this month.  And that just happens to be my dad's -- your granddad's (name still TBD, ugh!) -- birthday!

(Actually, I happen to be really struggling to find a great birthday present for him, so if you could somehow make your grand entrance on the 30th, that would take some pressure off.)

Many thanks, and much love to you.

2 comments:

  1. So excited for your whole family! Nephews are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I have a niece, I might have to disagree! :)

    ReplyDelete