Tuesday, October 19, 2010

happy (tues) days

Mr. Cunningham, the compassionate dad from Happy Days, passed away today.  The real life actor, that is.  Tom Bosley.  He was an outstanding TV dad.


And, on the heels (no pun intended) of Mrs. Cleaver’s passing yesterday, it’s been a bummer of a week for the world of classic TV.  Sigh.


In honor of Mr. C. and his Happy Days, here’s what made my Tuesday very, very happy ...
My bum knee was feeling better enough to at least want to try a very short run.  That feeling was good.

But alas, I got a better offer.
My good friend who shares my deep, deep affection for Dansko clogs invited me to “go look at some” with her, which in our code really means, “go buy another pair.”  And we did.  This is the second year in a row we’ve done this together, and it’s now been declared an official friendship tradition.  Long live the clog!


After that shoe purchase, some maybe-cute boots caught our eye in the Nine West window.  But, you know my problems with tall boots and fat calves, so I was skeptical.  Blast if these ones didn’t rock my little world!  And better yet, they were 30% off.  And she bought a pair, too, because who are we to pretend that calf-fitting boots on a significant sale weren't our destiny?


(I feel the need to clarify that while our shoes are similar, we didn't get matching colors and patterns.  We do practice some healthy boundaries.)

Then we hopped on over to Yogurt Mountain and raised our cups of yogurt to shoe shopping, and we ate that for dinner.  Because well, why not?



As she was dropping me back off at my car parked at the mall, we commiserated together over the awfulness that is the new Belk logo.  Has anyone seen it?  It’s unfortunate.  We got some good chuckles over our apparent logo-sensitivity.


Who knew Tuesdays could be so fun?

Rest in peace, Mr. Cunningham.  May we always find ourselves living happy days.

No comments:

Post a Comment