Tuesday, October 26, 2010

falling apart

When my body starts to break down, it really breaks down!  Following my happy Tuesday last week, I managed to pull a lower back muscle on Wednesday that sent me into a world of misery this past week.
Now, I rarely stay home from work because I’m sick, but y’all, this one had me down for the count!
Today’s the first day I’ve not had a spasm, so I’ve turned a corner, praise God.  But here are some takeaways from being a total invalid this past week …
  1. Real humility is calling your friend and asking her to come to your house and put your cute boots on for you, because you can’t do it yourself.
  2. The power of muscle relaxers is vastly underrated.
  3. My bed has been left unmade for six straight days.  Not okay.
  4. They say that laughter is good medicine.  To be clear, it’s not good medicine for pulled back muscles.  I so miss a good laugh.
  5. Time spent with my funny friends is not as funny when I can’t laugh.
  6. You know that saying about how good friends pick you up when you’re feeling down?  Well, my good friends literally pick me up when I need help standing up from my chair.  Or, they pick up things I’ve dropped.  They love me.  They really, really love me.
  7. Speaking of dropping things, it’s apparently a rule that when you can’t physically lean over to pick things up off the floor, you magically become a big klutz and drop everything.  Most ironic moment this week: watching my muscle relaxer fall to the floor.  Very funny, God.  Very funny.
Big shout-outs to my friends who’ve brought me meals, pulled me up out of chairs, carried stuff to my car, and just generally served me in real ways this past week.  Couldn’t have done it without ‘em!

No comments:

Post a Comment