Friday, September 13, 2013

right about now (the one where i'm spinning)

At any given moment, there are random bits of life to share.

Even in seasons of spinning we have something to chat about.

loving: this picture.



I snapped it in Cullman last month, in this store.

reading: these books.


I give the scoop on those here. But as a brief update, Sweet Water has turned a little crazy. Beware.

excited about: a recent clearance find at an office supply store. It's reminiscent of my file tote from a couple of years ago, but it's a little bigger. It was $6, so I happily upgraded to accommodate my growing mess.

missing: some work buddies who flew the coop a couple of months ago. Football season trash talking isn't the same around here.

trying to: do this.


enjoying: this little gem of a bluetooth speaker.


It was a birthday gift that has delivered tunes to my morning routine every day. It makes mornings so much more bearable.

using: this lately.


The Dictionary app is handy for when I'm on the go, but I do enjoy going old-school at my desk sometimes.

wearing: a hair tie like this on my wrist every single day.


Everyone raves about how these don't leave a crease in your hair, post pony-tail. I would disagree and tell you they do leave a crease in my hair, albeit a less-crazy crease. With that said, they don't pinch, and that's good enough for me.

waiting on: season premieres of a couple of TV shows. I wish I weren't looking so forward to them. But I miss the Bravermans, and the Crawleys. Like they're real people. So sue me.

planning: some travel to commence in exactly 224 days. Packing lists can never start too soon.

singing: with Colla Voce again this fall. After a year off, it'll be good to make music again.

needing: a serious kick in the pants to get back to a gym routine. And for this sinus cold to vamoose.

learning: of some (more) dark corners of my heart that the Lord is oh-so-gently bringing into the light. My friends and I typically react to this uncomfortable refining process with a melodramatic Oh, the dross! The DROSS.

listening: to my JJ Heller station on Pandora. I'm so over local radio, and the songs they play over and over again. Pandora must be one of the greatest inventions ever. Do you agree?

wishing: my flight tomorrow morning did not require a 4:45 a.m. wake-up call. It's no secret that I'm not a morning person, but 4:45 is practically the middle of the night. Wrong, I say. Just wrong.

doing: birthday gift planning for the baby bro. I don't know what I'll land on, but it won't be one of these, guaranteed.

praying for: the supernatural strength to "delight in insults," like Paul manages to do in 2 Corinthians. It seems like an uphill battle, if I'm being honest, but I don't think faith is supposed to be easy.

dreaming of: just one, sacred month where I am not required to stroke a check for a home repair. That would be amazing.

These are the goings on in my world, right about now. What's happening in yours?

1 comment:

  1. Trying to catch up on your blog. Love this. Always so good.

    ReplyDelete