Thursday, August 1, 2013

thankful thursday #141, the birthday edition

I've spent the past two weeks writing thank-you notes for so many thoughtful birthday gifts.

Like these slippers!


I got a pair for Christmas, and they went missing in a hotel room in March (not amused, Marriott, not amused). These are the birthday replacements. Love them.

And two people (!) sent me flowers.


I could've sent myself flowers, but it's extra-special to get them from other people.

I also got this fun necklace, that doubles as a bracelet when it's wrapped around my wrist a bazillion times.


It comes from Amazima, so when this little gem was purchased, women who once were bound in horrific slavery are empowered to improve their own lives through new jobs, and through spiritual discipleship. It's a win-win.

And I do have funny friends, so a birthday card or two in the mail gave me the giggles.


The inside told me it was "my time to shine." I am not even joking when I tell you there is an eerily similar photo of me, circa 1989, in my parents' home. Time to shine, indeed!

I'm grateful for these tangible gifts, but I'm more grateful for the people who share them freely with me.

What gifts are you appreciating today? Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment