Thursday, April 26, 2012

thankful thursday #75

Our family is growing up.

The sibs and I are not in school anymore, so no guaranteed spring breaks together.

Christopher is married, and they now have Little Man.  They live far away (boo), and travel isn't exactly easy for them these days!

Pat is wrapping up his internship and staring real life straight in the face.  Vacation time isn't a gimme for him anytime soon.

Summer doesn't mean "off" anymore, either.  We're working, going about our lives.

Bottom line, it's tough to all be together!

Well.  It wasn't intentional, but starting tomorrow, we'll all be in the ol' hometown, for a long weekend together, and I couldn't be more excited.  It's only natural, then, that today I can't contain my gratitude for this weekend's spontaneous reunion!  

In fact, it will be the first time we'll all be together since Little Man has joined our family.  I know that these times won't happen often enough, so I want to be present for them when they do come along.

And in between, when we're fragmented and living apart, I'll remember that our time together sometimes comes along unexpectedly, and I'll be thankful for that.  And be hopeful for more of it!

Do you have fun plans with the people you love this weekend, like me?  Oh, I hope so! Either way, though, you gotta be appreciating something. Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment