Thursday, March 22, 2012

thankful thursday #70

As mentioned a week ago, this week could really go nowhere but up.

And it did.

Despite my busted March Madness bracket, the pollen count that is well off the weatherman's charts, and the sad fact that my weekend with Little Man is behind me, it's been good to have a little more pep in my step; to find myself giggling again; to be more naturally grateful.

In fact, I've had a hard time deciding what nugget of gratitude to feature today!

Yesterday a friend and I went to play tennis after work.  I haven't hit a tennis ball in over a year, and I haven't played regularly in well over four years.

Although it takes me a bit to get back into a groove after these long breaks, it's always so great to get back on the court!

My mom is an outstanding player, and for as long as I can remember, she's played every week, and often more than once.  She still does.

When I was little, I liked to be a ball girl for her matches, or sit in the umpire chair and pretend I had some authority.  I also have a memory of one of her tennis friends promising me a quarter (or was it a nickle?) for every tennis ball I found around the courts.  I seriously thought I could get rich!

Anyway, even though I don't play often these days, when I do, I'm so thankful that Mom and Dad gave me opportunities to learn the game of tennis growing up.  People say it's a "life sport."  One you can play 'til you're old.

It really is true, and I look forward to the next time I get to dig out the racket and run some drills (cause goodness knows, I need them).

Our trees are turning green and filling out, and the sun is finding its way out around here.  I hope wherever you are, you're finding reasons to be outside for the fun of it.

Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment