Thursday, March 15, 2012

thankful thursday #69

Not gonna lie, this week has just about sent me into hiding.  In spite of you, Week-I-Could've-Done-Without, I am pleased to give thanks for these things:

flip flop weather:  My toes are pedicured and officially ready to usher in spring.

and thus the opportunity to be outside:  I went for my first outside run in a very long time today.  It wasn't pretty, but the sunshine was.

a trip this weekend to visit little man:  He told me today he was stoked to spend his first St. Patrick's Day with me.

the really expensive flat screen in our conference room:  March Madness is highly competitive in the offices of our little sports management company.

that the spring concert for colla voce is over:  It's a miracle we did not stop and restart any of our pieces.  We were that unprepared.  We were so unprepared, in fact, I did not invite one person to attend.  And I'm happy about that.

ceiling fans:  My air conditioning is persnickety these days.  It's just not the time for it.  Not. The. Time.

In one of my lowest points this week, Lori reminded me that spring is a time of new beginnings, and sunshine, and happy things.  So even if you're coming out of a week you could've done without, I hope you find much to be thankful for.

Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment