Thursday, July 14, 2011

thankful thursday #35

This half marathon I'm running in three weeks?



I've heard it said that Providence is "hilly."  And I don't love hills.

Needless to say, I've been avoiding this ...



I told myself, "That doesn't look so bad" (don't tell me if I'm wrong).

But then last night, I got a newsletter delivered to my email inbox with THIS nugget of goodness...

Course Updates Announced!
The half marathon course has been updated.  The hill at Olney and Camp has been eliminated and runners will now continue straight on North Main.

Now, I don't know one bit about the topography of Providence, or what the "hill at Olney and Camp" looks like.  Ignorance is key for me at this point.

But GLORY to God.  I am so thankful for one less hill to run!

What're you appreciating today?  Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment