Tuesday, May 3, 2011

senses (and nonsense) of spring

After the tornados, the Royal Wedding, and the Osama bin Laden drama of the past week, is anyone else feeling like a mental break?

I sure am, and am pleased to share these nonsensical spring senses as a little breather.

sight/feel of the month

One of the biggest tragedies of spring and summer for me, is the fact that it's just too hot to wear my Dansko clogs, and my happy feet become a little bit less happy.



Have y'all heard of these?  Antelopes?  They are proving to be the heaven-sent answer to the summer shoe dilemma.

These babies have some height, some support, and a slew of styles and colors from which to choose (in fact, I can't even find a photo of the ones I bought, so that one up there is only a representation). 

Hold on to your checkbooks, though, friends, and think long term investment.

taste of the month

Other than the delicious summer salad from the weekend ...



Since the popcorn is only 100 calories, I prefer to actively defeat the purpose of a low-cal snack and add some flavored melted butter.

I zap a couple of tablespoons of butter with a couple teaspoons of spices in the microwave, drizzle it over the popped kernels, and voila, my popcorn gets some pep in its step!

My favorite seasoning right now is cayenne pepper (just a smidge) and cumin.

sound of the month

I could do without the tornadoes, but opening my balcony doors and hearing some of those spring showers outside, rustling the leaves?  That's music to my ears!

scent of the month



This is burning regularly in my office these days.  It's citrus-y and bright, inviting inside some of our pretty spring sunshine.

May's made herself at home already, so enjoy her stay -- she'll be gone before we know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment