Thursday, June 12, 2014

thankful thursday #184

I've been to a spin class twice this week, after a hiatus. Of a year. So maybe that's less of a hiatus, and more of a falling-off-the-wagon.

Anyway. It's been hard. And it's hurt.

Tonight, our instructor Deb had two rules: 1) Have fun, and 2) Challenge yourself. I wish I were one of those people who feels awesome and "happy" when they're exercising and "challenging" themselves. But I'm definitely not.

That spin class -- the "climbs" -- they were hard, and they hurt.

At some point Deb asked the class if we were happy, and I only felt miserable. My legs were on fire, my heart rate was racing, and there was no graceful perspiring. Just straight-up, old-fashioned sweating.

I was a sight.

My mind had to take over. All I could think of was how I should be nothing but grateful that I could even be on that cycle. Grateful for two legs that can burn; a heart that can race; and energy to sweat.

That gratitude pushed me over that awful climb. Both of them, actually.

So here I sit, thankful for my bruised behind and sore legs.

And you? What climb will your gratitude conquer? Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment