Thursday, February 23, 2012

thankful thursday #66

I hear people say, Mm, let me pray about that, and I'll let you know.

I've said it, too.  In fact, I wanted to say it when I was approached about this weekend.

But really, it's often just the lame way that Christians fool themselves into believing that there's a more spiritually acceptable way to say "No."

Truly, there are some things that you don't need to pray about.  For example, don't ever catch yourself saying, I need to pray about whether or not to love that person today.

Or, Let me get back to you.  I'm just not sure I'm being called to care for that widow.

They're called commands, and they're all over the Bible.

I'm heading to Atlanta tomorrow to help out with a Disciple Now weekend for some youth gals from Emily's church.

Don't even ask me how this happened, but it did.  And I didn't pray about it.

I'm nervous, but we're called to invest in our youth.  We're called to be mentors.  To wrestle alongside the generation that is asking questions that are a matter of life and death.

Nope, haven't met them yet.  Nope, am not confident in my preparation.  And nope, am not qualified in any way to do this.

I'm just choosing to be thankful for the opportunity to be sretched.

We'll be going ...


 
... and if I come out alive after a weekend with youth girls, I will report back.  In the meantime, I'd covet your prayers.

I hope your weekend is giving you an opportunity to stretch yourself, and to appreciate the opportunity.  Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment