Thursday, February 2, 2012

thankful thursday #63

I do not pretend to live a hard life.  I am not out working fields, or hauling garbage, or anything else that's physically taxing.  Truly, I am blessed beyond what I could have asked or imagined.

And although I do not live a hard life, my muscles are seriously tense these days.  Mostly, this is a direct result of torture at the gym by dead lifts, lunges, and squats beyond what my body can tolerate.

The chest presses and dips and what-have-yous are taking their toll.  Combined, these exericses induce a soreness that is literally debilitating, to the point that my boss asks me when I limp out of my chair, "What happened to you?"

Let that soak in.

With that said, I've gotten a massage twice in my life, I think.  For whatever reason, I enjoy a facial, a haircut, a manicure or pedicure more often than I probably should, but pass on the massages.

I was transparent about my not-so-hard-knock life, was I not?

But this weekend, a massage it is!  Nikol and I are indulging in a day at a local spa, and I could not be more grateful.  I have high hopes that a 75-minute massage will work out some tension.

We will go first to the gym, and make ourselves feel splurge-worthy.  Sweat out any residual feelings of regret about the money we're about to spend.

After our massages, we'll have a girly lunch and hang out in the "quiet room" for who knows how long.

I just can't wait!

I hope you have something special planned this weekend.  Something relaxing, or rewarding, or something low-key with a favorite friend.

But whatever you've got planned, I hope you'll exercise a spirit of appreciation.  Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment