Thursday, February 9, 2012

thankful thursday #64

At work, I've been using a Dell laptop for almost five years.

Five years ago, it was fantastic. 

One year ago, it had run its course.

For the past few months, it's been nothing more than an overweight piece of metal that has daily tempted me to hurl it out the window.

Tomorrow will mark two weeks since we got new computers, praise the Lord!  I wasn't fully prepared to proclaim my gratitude last week, because as you can imagine, the transition has been a challenge for all very normal reasons.

And this wasn't just a switch, this was a Big Switch.  From PCs to Macs.

I'm finally getting the hang of my new normal, and I'm appreciating the opportunity to learn a new way of doing things.

But I'm not ashamed to ask you Mac lovers out there: what're your favorite tips and tricks that I should know?  I'm thankful (in advance) for your wisdom.

And speaking of you, what're you happy about this week?  Go on, be grateful!

2 comments:

  1. I have this in my office to help with the Mac.

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/70303628/home-office-print-mac-shortcuts-green

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the wonderful command-[letter] shortcuts.
    Cmd-q, especially!

    ReplyDelete