Wednesday, August 19, 2015

thankful thursday #227 (on a wednesday)

Tomorrow is Little Man's fourth birthday (?!), and his annual birthday blog post takes precedence over a Thankful Thursday post.

But that's no reason to ignore gratitude (although I've had no trouble omitting it of late). Wednesday will do.

It's rained every day this week, and I mean the stormy kind. Fat rain drops, hard downpours, some thunder rolls, and a bit of lightening. And when it's not down-pouring, it's threatening, or it's drizzling, and the air is heavy.

It rains in the afternoon, at night, and before the sun comes up, and twice this week, my early morning runs have been cancelled.

Running before our city awakes is a hard discipline for me. And admittedly when it's raining and I get the blessed text message that we're cancelling, I love to curl back up under my covers and sleep a little longer.

But running is also an important rhythm for me, and my days are better when they start with running. My word, my sixth grade self would not know me right now.

This morning, we were gifted a tiny opening, and the opportunity to run a few miles before the rains came. I was thankful to reclaim that rhythm today, even for a morning. Maybe I won't get it again for a few days, but if so, I'll be grateful for when the skies clear.

Do you have a rhythm you've missed lately? I bet you appreciate it when you get it back. Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment