Tuesday, March 10, 2015

some goings-on to bid winter farewell

It's a rainy, gloomy week around here, and it is warm. I personally fancy the fall and winter months, so bidding the cooler temps farewell isn't my favorite time of year.

So while there does not seem to be much new or exciting brewing in my world, there are some faithful iPhone snaps from the past little bit to share.

This one.


He'll be a big brother to the Littlest One in less than a month.

This gal and I visited the Biltmore Estate in Asheville a couple of weeks ago.


I'm so pleased the wind kicked my hair right into my face just then.

Isn't this hotel lobby gorgeous?


And this fireplace hosted some fine, fine conversation.


We don't get to do that often enough!

Here are a couple of costumes from the Downton exhibit.


That dress is so elegant, isn't it? I think my thigh could maybe fit into the waist of it.

The leftover snow in Asheville made the prettiest blanket.


I took this somewhere along the approach road to the estate.

If you find yourself in Asheville, do commit to gaining a few LBs at some fabulous eateries.


This dive was a perfect Sunday morning brunch before we left town.

In other news, I'm eying this light fixture for my dining room to go over this handsome fella.


I'm not sold, but listen. Anything's better than the one that's there. I think it has pineapples on it. (?)

And finally, it's just good to be with friends, isn't it?


A Sunday lunch with this one was a treasure.

I'm sad to put away my jeans and sweaters, but alas, spring is around the corner, where all things become new.

And Holy Week.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment