Thursday, January 15, 2015

thankful thursday #212

I hate to be the girl who wishes away time. I really do.

But mercy, I thought January 13th might never come.

The all-consuming work project is complete, and I am sleeping in my own bed again after eight days on the road. It is a relief to have it all behind us.

It's a little like crossing a mountain. You get to the other side, and when you look back, you see the majesty of the mountain, but not so much what you went through to cross it.

You remember that you were weary, and thought more than once you might not make it, but you do, and in retrospect, glimmers of gratitude begin to peek over that mountain.

For example, can we get an amen that these statues fit back into their crates and through the doors of their warehouse?


That was a moment of relief gratitude.

Or how about that we met a celeb or two?


I don't watch commercials, but I've heard this guy is quite the phenom. Whatever.

We listened in on the Lady Antebellum sound check next door.


Appreciative for the chance to do something I don't do every day.

I loved watching our work family FaceTime with real family back home.


Made me grateful that we value the important things.

And then really in the end, despite all that goodness, I was darn thankful to head home.


On this side of the mountain, it's nice to look back at the view, but it's also exciting to look ahead at the 2015 landscape.

Do you have a mountain behind you, too? Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment