Thursday, August 14, 2014

thankful thursday #193

This weekend my Italy travel buddies are coming into town for a little reunion. I'm so thrilled.

We are pulling out our cheeses, our pesto, our olive oil, our wine, our photos and our stories to relive some of our favorite memories.

And for an audience, of course. Some of our biggest fans -- our parents -- are coming to humor us in our reminiscing. It will be fun. (For us, anyway.)

In preparing for our time together, I pulled out my journal from the trip, to jog my own memory on the tastes and sounds and characters we encountered there.

There was a running joke for those fifteen days, that while I was feverishly working to keep a current documentation of our travels, the rest of the girls were napping.

On trains, in museum lines, late at night, waiting on the Pope. I was always journaling.


All the time.

A few days into the trip, my friends all surrendered to the truth that their journals would never be as awesome as mine, and I promised to carry the torch the rest of the way.

I'm so grateful I did.

I'm looking forward to flipping through and remembering the details that would be long forgotten had my pen and paper not recorded such rich, sweet times.

Here's wishing you a weekend of great memories, friends and a heart of thankfulness. Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment