Thursday, March 21, 2013

thankful thursday #122

One of my annual goals is to travel to a new city.

It matters not whether it's a short drive away, or a flight across a border; I just value the opportunity to experience new places. The people, the personality, the sights, the food. It's healthy, I think, and frankly, a luxury that I may not always have.

Sometimes the most economical best places to explore are where our friends are tucked away. I don't know about you, but I feel so lucky to have friends all over the country, and getting to visit their special hidden corners is such a treat.

In six short weeks, I'll be touching down here for the first time ...

(via)

... and I couldn't be more thrilled! When I told my Texan friend (not the one I'm visiting) I was headed there, she got a little starry eyed and said, Ohhh, you're going to the Mother Land ...

Those Texans. They do love their homeland, don't they?

I've heard such great things about San Antonio, and I'm excited about the folks I get to pal around with, but can I tell you what really made me thankful this week?

Booking that flight for dirt cheap.

I do not recall an airfare so low in years. And hear me, I am thankful.

Have you been to San Antonio? Any travel tips? Let me hear them!

And then get on with some gratitude.  Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment