Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015 (and a kind-of thankful thursday)

Guys. How'd December 31 get here so fast?
 
This blog has suffered this year. A little of it was schedule-related, but mostly it was (un)inspiration-related. Maybe the un-inspiration comes when schedules crowd my thinking. Or maybe I didn't feel inspired, so I filled up my time with other things.
 
Chicken or the egg, I don't know.
 
It makes me glad for this annual recap, because it reminds me that my life is full, even when my writing seems empty. And that there is rhythm, ever-infused with faith, family, friends, and food. And the occasional Netflix binge.
 
That is a glorious rhythm.

Here's evidence: 
 
book i couldn't put down
It Starts with Food by Dallas and Melissa Hartwig

most challenging book
Finding Faith in the Dark by Laurie Short

most indulgent meal
Grilled Large Sea Scallops at Cafe Dupont in Birmingham

most memorable celebration
Two friends becoming engaged to their beaus within 12 hours of each other

terrible-for-you-but-really-tasty food obsession
Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Mug, as seen here

proudest culinary win
This charcuterie board. I was so pleased with myself.




favorite movie
The Gift. A good psychological thriller.

favorite spontaneous trip
A quick two-hour detour to Detroit, Michigan, to see family I don't see often enough

 

best quick vacation
Asheville, North Carolina, with Emily

most life-giving bible study 

Joshua: Every Good Promise Fulfilled by Jen Wilkin 

netflix addiction
Bloodline

favorite new recipe
These salmon cakes, a la Whole30

most festive trip
Two Christmas concerts in two days, in Nashville with Nikol



marked off the bucket list 
Basketball game in Cameron Indoor Stadium
 

most peaceful moment 
At a remote bed and breakfast and spa about 30 minutes out of town

proudest craft moment

spent my birthday
Dinner with Dad in Birmingham, then with mom and friends for brunch and at Locked In


biggest surprise
Completing Whole30 with very little weeping and gnashing of teeth

 

greatest freedom
Not counting calories, fat, or anything else during Whole30

moment that made my heart the fullest
Seeing my mom and her siblings celebrate their brother's 70th birthday



biggest purchase
Probably the new garbage disposal, and associated plumbing labor. Or the garage door repair. Gyah. 

favorite new beverage
For festive celebrations, this Cranberry Orange Mocktail

best quick trip
Mobile, Alabama, to run the flattest 10k known to man

sweetest new addition
The Littlest!



songs i repeated a million times
We Will Feast in the House of Zion” by Sandra McCracken
"You Never Change" by Austin Stone Worship

favorite albums
Psalms by Sandra McCracken
This Glorious Grace by Austin Stone Worship
Creation Waits by Jenny Pruitt

Happy New Year, friends. May you find your very own glorious rhythm in 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment