Thursday, May 15, 2014

thankful thursday #180, the traveling edition

While I was two weeks gallivanting across Italy, it was easy to feel grateful.

Complimentary breakfasts we ate each day at our hotels
Every sip of house wine
Each stroke of paint of the Sistine Chapel
Trains, planes and automobiles that traveled on time, every single time
The fresh picked tomatoes on every Insalata Caprese
Able bodies that walked so many miles
Friendly hosts and natives who engaged with us
The mild weather
My incredible, fun, eccentric travel buddies

Easy, that gratitude.

And now to be home, it's still flowing.

Supportive colleagues that afforded me time away
The mental break from work
The return to my own bed
The photos and journals we have to help us remember and relive
My parents who ran airport shuttle for us
My parents who returned my car to me cleaned, waxed (glory!) and fully fueled
My friend who retrieved my mail and looked after my house
Our town being spared the raging southern, spring storms
Minimal jetlag

For these things and so many more, my heart is grateful.

Whether you've traveled just from work and back, or across the world, I hope your heart is thankful this week. Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment