Thursday, February 20, 2014

thankful thursday #170

Do you know that feeling, when you find a twenty dollar bill in your jacket pocket from last winter?

That is a happy day.

That was not my day today, but I did find a tube of red lipstick and the coinciding gloss in a jacket pocket today, which, frankly, was better than feeling a twenty dollar bill under my fingers.

I've been looking for those for three months! Now that is a happy day.

There are some days when a good red lipstick just makes a girl feel better, and when it turns up after three months, I can feel grateful for that, no?

But it gets better.

This morning after a meeting downtown, I left my car in a parking deck and rode with my boss to another meeting in Mississippi. We arrived back to the parking deck tonight around 7:30.

I gathered my belongings from his car -- empty water bottles, notebooks, my heels I had replaced with flats for the ride home (no shame here), purse, iPhone -- made a stop at the garbage can, and headed to my car. He watched me to my car (because a downtown parking deck at night can be a little sketchy), I dropped my things into the backseat, climbed in, and locked my doors responsibly.

Per usual, I reached for my iPhone so it could charge a bit on my way home, but it was nowhere to be found. I searched my pockets and all the spaces it could be, retraced my steps, and felt nervous at my predicament.

I felt confident it would be in my boss's car, but naturally after having seen me safely to my car, he had left for home.

I decided to go to his house, push through the embarrassment, and ask if I could search his car.

I did. No luck.

With his wife's iPhone, I used the Find My iPhone App and determined that mine was back in the parking deck.

Holy scavenger hunt, Batman.

Using her iPhone as my guide, I returned to the parking deck and was led straight to my iPhone.

In. The. Trash. Can.

Thanks be to God, my water bottles and ringing iPhone were the only items inside it, so retrieving it was fairly easy.

That is, if sticking one's head into a garbage can is ever easy.

But the iPhone is sanitized now, in tact and charging safely.

But mercy, what a terrible feeling.

I'm thankful that today was a day for things like red lipstick and an iPhone, to be found.

What have you been looking for lately? I hope you find it soon, so you can go on and be grateful, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment