Thursday, February 6, 2014

thankful thursday #168

When the snow flurries today were spotted, there was no taking chances around here. Schools dismissed without hesitation.

I knew the possibility of being stranded at my office again was slim to none, but frankly, I didn't care. I was absolutely not spending another night there. So I left at 3:30, and I didn't feel badly about it.

At all.

I could be thankful for that and call this Thankful Thursday done.

As it turns out, my Thursday night obligation also was cancelled, thanks to the weather fright, and I ended up with an unexpected free evening that did my soul good.

This week has been challenging, and well, I was thirsty for no plans. For some time with friends to share my heart. For the chance to capture a couple of extra hours in my day to reflect.

I sure did appreciate that early nod to my weekend.

How about you? Are you looking forward to the weekend? Go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment