Thursday, June 6, 2013

thankful thursday #133

It is a bad situation when your air conditioning fails you.

It's a particularly grim situation when your air conditioning fails you on the brink of summer.

And I'm not talking about the air conditioning in your car. I'm talking about the one in your house. Living quarters. Where you want to be comfortable.

And so when that happened to me this week, channeling gratitude was important to keep my perspective in check. I found myself thankful ...

... that I know the glory of air conditioning at all;

... that the brutal summer heat has yet to seep into Birmingham (although it won't be long now);

... that my second story unit is still kicking;

... that my dear home inspector came by and gave me his (free) opinion before I spent a fortune on an unknown repair service;

... that the fortune I did end up spending on a temporary fix was small, compared to the fortune I'll end up spending eventually;

... and that the temporary fix buys me time, while I save money to buy a new air conditioner.

So that doesn't seem so bad now, does it? (Someone remind me of this when I am writing the big check in the near future.)

Staying cool this week? If you are, or even if you're not, go on, be grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment